This simple squash dish is likely one that will find it’s way to your table more often than the annual Thanksgiving feast. The addition of fresh pears somehow transforms the humble squash into something a bit more elegant, not to mention beautiful. No effort required.
Acorn Squash with Pears, Butter & Cinnamon
preheat over to 425°.
- You’ll need 1 small acorn squash for every 2 people at your table, AND:
- 1 firm pear per squash (different colors / varieties makes for a pretty presentation)
- 1 Tablespoon butter or ghee for each squash half
- a sprinkle of cinnamon for each squash half
- With a large, sharp knife, cut each squash in half lengthwise. If they roll a bit on the cutting board once cut, slice a small amount off the bottom to stabilize it. (See above picture)
- Scoop out the seeds and membrane and discard
- Thinly slice pears and arrange 4-8 slices inside each cavity, depending on the size of the squash
- Place the squash in a baking dish and place a tablespoon of butter or ghee on each one.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and place in the oven.
- After about 20 minutes, remove the baking dish and baste the squash with the butter that is melted inside. (You’ll have to ease a brush gently between the pears)
- Roast until the squash is tender, about 50-75 minutes depending on the size.
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.