Once you find out how easy it is to make grain-free crackers, you’ll be hooked. These are a variation of my other favorites, my grain-free everything crackers. If you haven’t tried those, you really should, especially if you have fond memories of a good everything bagel.
These are a great way to add crunch to your paleo lifestyle. If you’re doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox along with us, they’re a perfect snack to help you get through those… oh you know… moments.
Grain-Free Rosemary Olive Oil Crackers
Preheat oven to 325°
2 cups almond flour
1 egg, preferably pastured
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and the olive oil.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and mix well, giving it a few kneads.
- Turn out onto a sheet of parchment paper and flatten out a bit.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut into 1 inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Transfer (with the bottom sheet of parchment) to a sheet pan and bake for 14-20 minutes, checking occasionally.
- The outside crackers might be done sooner than the center, in which case just remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the finished crackers to a plate to cool.
- They’re done when they’re just barely golden.
- Store in an airtight container.
These are great for just snacking, but for some simple hors d’oeuvres ideas:
- goat cheese and tapenade
- chicken liver pâté and a slice of cornichon
- fig jam and aged manchego cheese
- grilled steak, caramelized onions and dijon mustard
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.