There are, arguably, too many Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes on the internets. In fact, this is the second one to grace the presence of this very blog. Do we need another one? No, not really. But if I happened to play around with my original recipe and use brown butter ghee and some flaked salt and improved the texture so that they’re right in that crispy-chewy sweet spot? I might as well share it, right?
I thought so. And let’s be real: There can never be too many cookies.
Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
prep time: 10 minutes | cook time: 9-10 minutes | makes: 1 dozen 3.5 inch cookies
1/2 cup brown butter ghee
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
2/3 cup chocolate chips
flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or bowl you use with handheld beaters), beat the brown butter and coconut palm sugar for 2-3 minutes, or until lighter in color and smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, egg yolk and vanilla powder and beat another 2 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot starch, and finely ground sea salt and beat until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple times.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop 6 cookies onto each prepared baking sheet and flatten to about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each cookie with a small pinch of flaked salt.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until just starting to brown around the edges. Rotate your pans half way through if your oven doesn’t heat evenly. Allow to cool before removing from the pans. (LOL yeah right)
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.