This is the place where I normally write some kind of incredibly interesting intro to the recipe you’re here for. I’ll be honest. I’ve got nothing. If I sit here and try to think of something witty and relevant to say, it will be next month before this cocktail recipe is posted.
So let’s just get to the recipe, shall we?
Make this for your Valentine, or your Oscar party, or Tuesday. Trust me, I’m not gonna judge.
makes 1 cocktail
1.5 ounces gin
3/4 ounce cherry syrup (below)
2 peeled orange sections
a couple dashes of bitters
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the orange sections. Add the gin, cherry syrup, and bitters.
- Full half way with ice and shake well for 30 seconds.
– To serve on the rocks: Pour into a rocks glass filled with ice.
– To serve up: Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass.
- Top off with sparkling wine. Garnish with cherries or an orange slice, if desired.
10 ounces cherries (frozen is great if they’re not available fresh)
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
- Bring the cherries, water and honey to a boil. (If you’d like to reserve a few cherries for garnish, pull them out now and set aside) Turn the heat down so it’s at a simmer, and let it cook for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to one month (it definitely might keep longer.)
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.