This recipe for Curried Beef with Apricots & Almonds is one of the recipes I came up with when I set out to create a bunch of Ground Beef Recipes That Aren’t Burgers or Meatballs. It’s based on a dish called Bobotie that I used to make for my very first personal chef client. This is the very simplified version of that, but I was inspired by the flavors; the sweet and spiciness of it.
The inspiration behind creating non-burger ground beef recipes came in the form of a box of the best quality meats showing up on my doorstep. Is this real life? Yes! Because Butcher Box does exactly that-sends quality meats to your doorstep. You can read more about them here.
Ready to try Butcher Box for yourself? Use THIS LINK, they’ll throw in some FREE BACON for you!
Curried Beef with Apricots and Almonds
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 14-16 minutes
yield: 4 servings
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon avocado oil, lard, or tallow
1 small onion, finely diced
1 small carrot, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the almonds and toast for 2-3 minutes, until browned and fragrant. Remove
- Add the oil to the pan. Once shimmering, add the beef and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Push the beef to one side of the pan and add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add the salt and curry powder and mix into the meat and vegetables.
- Add the apricots and beef broth to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables and apricots are very soft and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Top with almonds and fresh cilantro and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
PIN THIS RECIPE:
All of the links on zenbellycatering.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly Catering.