How could I set out to create a bunch of Ground Beef Recipes That Aren’t Burgers or Meatballs without including these Super Quick Sloppy Joes? It’s a classic, and one that I’m guessing is missed when people cut out processed foods.
super-quick sloppy joes
Super quick is in the recipe title for a reason; this really hardly takes any time at all to cook. In fact, it doesn’t take much more time that it would if you were mixing in that canwich stuff.
If you’re looking for gluten-free bread options, there are quite a few! Legit Bread is grain-free and nut-free, Canyon Bakehouse is gluten-free, and you can even make your own using the recipe in my Everything Dough ebook.
almost as fast as using that canwich stuff!
- 1 teaspoon oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small can or jar tomato paste (6-7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins has a little sugar but is gluten-free)
- 2 cups water
- tabasco to taste, optional
- Buns for serving; either your favorite gluten-free ones or burger buns from my Everything Dough Ebook
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the spices and tomato paste into the meat and then add the maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve on Paleo Burger Buns, or your favorite gluten-free variety!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.